Thursday, January 6, 2011

1964 Lone Star Cruiseliner 24'





Here she is, the project that's likely going to drain my pocketbook and all my energy for the next year or two! Luckily she has a new engine and out-drive, but every piece of wood has to be replaced. I have plans on keeping her looking original, but updating her to more modern standards and creature comforts. I intend to use her as our family pleasure boat and as an "floating RV". She sleeps four and has a kitchenette from the factory, so I have stuff there to work with already.
 On this blog, I intend to keep a virtual log of my progress and ideas, with as many pictures as I can take of the build so I not only have a scrapbook of her, but it might also help someone else doing a similar project or  restoration of a Lone Star. I previously owned another Lone Star for 25 years and had modified her several times to meet my changing needs. As she was a bit small for our family's future, I reluctantly let her go and bought the Cruiseliner. This boat is the same year and hull design as my Medallion, so aside from being bigger, I am hoping that she has many of the same characteristics that I loved about the smaller boat. We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment